Monday, March 15, 2010

Rediscovering Home

Within an hour of our house, there are dozens of hikes of varying degrees of difficulty and I am sad to say that I have attempted very few of them.  While I am looking for a job, I am making a point to get out and rediscover the natural places around us.  So far, I have made it to Rattlesnake Ledge and re-acquainted myself with an old favorite, Tiger Mountain.  Spring weather and some pretty amazing blisters have slowed me down lately, but I hope to make it out again later in the week.  We spent a lot of time exploring nature on our year abroad and I hope to keep that spirit alive now that we are home.  Looking forward to warmer, dry weather in the months to come.

1 comment:

  1. You'll need to let Carrie and I know about any hidden gems you discover close-by. We're looking for spots to take the kids!

    ReplyDelete