Friday, April 6, 2012

Now What?

It's official.  I've turned in my key card, removed my work email account from my phone, and retired to the deck to enjoy a cold, but sunny afternoon.  Now what am I going to do?

I have one or two things planned to keep me busy while I look for gainful employment:

  • Going to the gym at 7 AM instead of 6 AM every day (that extra hour is awesome!)
  • Obtaining my PMP certification.
  • Learn how to speak German.
  • Get my motorcycle endorsement.
  • Train for my half marathon in June.
  • Train for my multiple century rides and the RSVP in August.
  • Do some secret shopper work.
  • Come up with ideas for greeting cards (really, I came across an open call for submission.)
That takes care of April at least.

I've had some good suggestions for how to turn my interests into a career like travel blogger, TV producer, PM for various travel networks, destination wedding planner.  The wedding planner idea does sound like fun and is right up my alley.  Anyone need a hyper-organized wedding planner who will give it to you straight about how that dress really looks on you?  Does David Tutera need a sidekick?  I'll have to look into that one a bit more.

Keep the great ideas coming and I'll try to figure out why Blogger is eating comments.

1 comment: