Monday, April 2, 2012

One Week Left

Only one week to go until I join the ranks of the unemployed and I am relieved and panicked at the same time.  I have been doing a lot of reflecting on what it is I want to do with the next phase of my life and the idea of travel continues to surface.  It is not the action of sitting on a beach that draws me, but the experiences and opportunities encountered when traveling.  I love to learn new things and constantly be challenged by ever changing scenarios.  Living in Seattle I find myself acquiring "stuff" as a substitute for having new experiences.  I have a great house and and a supportive husband, but my passion still needs to pay the mortgage.  The key will be finding the  balance.

Laying it out, here are the tools I have to work with so far:

  • I love to cook, but my knife skills are "unique" at best.
  • My passport is current with additional pages added just waiting for new stamps.
  • I have traveled the easy way and the hard way so I have a well rounded perspective of the industry as an end user.  
  • I can organize anything like nobody's business.
  • I believe it is not just about the job, but about enjoying what you do. 
I'm sure my journey through this process will be an adventure and I'm not sure what will come out the other end.  That's the best part of the experience.  

If you have ideas about I would be good at or opportunities I should pursue, leave your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment