Sunday, June 20, 2010

Furry 5K

I had some technical difficulties at the Furry 5K today. Somehow, when I added a couple more tracks to my running podcasts, iTunes erased all of my music from my phone. Also, the GPS signal was weak so I was unable to use the normal mapping software to track my route and statistics.

The Furry 5K was an event to raise money for the Seattle Animal Shelter which is where we adopted Nomar and Raul 10 years ago. The course was supposed to be a gentle lap around Seward Park, but apparently the low route wasn't quite long enough. To make up the distance, we were routed up and around the hill in the middle of the park. Seriously, is it really that hard to find three flat miles in Seattle? Anyway, my finish time was somewhere around 31 minutes so I continue to improve. If I finally find a flat course I may be able to break the 30 minute mark.

Next week is a 10K along Myrtle Edwards Park downtown. The goal is to run 5K and then see what I can do with the rest.

UPDATE - Official Results:

Time: 31:29
Place: 32/89 in Women 30-39 Age Division
123/308 for all Women participants
258/528 for all participants

Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment