Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Remind me why I'm doing this

I'm not a particularly big fan of running and hills just kill me so remind me again why I've decided to train for a 5K in Seattle? It is one activity that does not cost a lot of money, you can do it pretty much anywhere, it is also an activity that my body reacts to quickly. The races are a lot of fun and there is a lot of encouragement while you are out on the course so you always finish feeling like you've accomplished something. Even if it is just getting off your butt for half an hour over the weekend.

Today's training run consisted of a 5 minute warmup, a 10 minute interval up a gentle hill, 3 minutes of recovery, another 10 minute jogging interval, and then a cool down back to the house. I went up further than I go to come back down so while the second interval was easier, I more than made up for it on the first. Plus I beat the rain home.

Start Time    End Time    Duration    Distance    Avg. Pace    Climbed
6:06 pm         6:41 pm      0:34:31       2.72 mi      12:41             190 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment